- Serves 8
- 1 hour + 2 days
Blackcurrant syrup with red wine
- 200g liquor «Cream de Cassis» (blackcurrant liquor)
- 500g red wine Merlot
- 400g sugar
- 100g water
- 100g honey
- Juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange and their zest
- 4 middle size pears
- 150g frozen black currants
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 anise
- 3 cloves
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 150g dark chocolate 64% cocoa
- 60g butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs, separate
- 100g sugar
- 20g potato starch
- 100g almond flour
- We start boiling our water with sugar. Add «Cream de Cassis», wine, berries, citrus juice and zest, honey and all spices.
- Now, let it boil again. Remove from the heat and put the peeled pears in the syrup. Cover the pot with plastic wrap and place a heavy plate on top. It is important that the pears inside are drowned. Leave the syrup with the fruits for two days in room temperature.
- After this period take out the pears and cut one of them in half. Now boil everything down until it becomes thick.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Now, grease a baking pan with butter and sprinkle it with almond flour.
- Whisk egg white with 30g of sugar until peaks.
- Also whisk the egg yolks for 10 minutes with the remaining sugar.
- Melt chocolate with butter and then stir it.
- In the yolk mass sift the dry ingredients and mix it.
- Add the chocolate/butter mass from step and also the whipped egg whites. Stir everything gently and put that mass into a baking pan
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let your pie rest about 15 minutes. Then gently remove it and leave until it´s only a little warm.
- Put your pie on a plate and pour generously the syrup with berries over. On the top put on 2 pears, and 2 halves of pear. Also decorate with some cinnamon sticks. Bon appétit!